1400K Swim Across Tunisia
The 1400K Swim Across Tunisia was a solo stage swim by Nejib Belhedi along the entire Tunisian coast in the Mediterranean Sea. His ongoing swim was selected in an online global poll by swimmers from 108 countries as the 2011 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
1,400 km from the Tunisian/Algerian border in the Tunisian North Sea to the Tunisian/Libyan border in the Southern Tunisian Sea, along the Tunisian coast.
The aims of the 1400K Swim Across Tunisia was to bring a warm slogan of Welcome to Tunisia via:
1. To invite tourists and increase the popularity of Tunisia by showcasing it as a friendly and hospitable country, 2. To support the bonds of national unity in the era of revolution of dignity and reverence for the sanctity of the borders of Tunisia and its coasts, 3. To devote the concept of global sustainable development, giving weight to environmental, tourism, sports, social and cultural aspects.
Nor the Current stops him!
Neither the immensity of sea downs him!
We see his arms thank the waves across each meter he swims.
It’s already a prelude to see a new shore for him.
1400K Swim Strategy
He was housed and fed along the course by members of the local communities along the Mediterranean coast.
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Speedo Diplomacy: Nejib Belhedi Stage Swim From Tunisia Along Libya
- A Peaceful End To The 1400K Swim Across Tunisia
- Nejib Belhedi Inspires A Nation Of Future Swimmers
- 2017 Global Open Water Swimming Conference
- Ouma Gives Rise To Iron Swim & Open Water Conference
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Having A Strong Will To Succeed