2016 Rio Olympics
The 2016 Summer Olympics (Portuguese: Jogos Olímpicos de Verão de 2016), officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad (Jogos da XXXI Olimpíada), is a major international multi-sport event due to be celebrated in the tradition of the Olympic Games, as governed by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The host city of the Games will be Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where the Games will be held from August 5 to 21, 2016. There will be 30 competition venues mainly in Barra da Tijuca, but also in three other zones: Deodoro, Maracanã, and Copacabana where the Olympic 10km Marathon Swim will be held.
Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil is a 4 km beach, one of the most famous beaches in the world. And is site of several open water swims, including the King and Queen of the Sea, the 2007 Pan American Games and beach volleyball tournaments. Copacabana begins at Princesa Isabel Avenue and ends at Posto Seis (lifeguard watchtower Six).
- 2016 Rio Olympic Games
- Rei e Rainha do Mar
- Copacabana Beach information
- Open Water - It's A Small World On A Big Planet
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- What Will Be The Water Conditions For The 2016 Rio Olympics?
- The Unpredictability Of The Olympic Open Water
- Ridiculous And Sad...Wetsuits Considered For Olympic 10K
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association