Alamitos Bay is located at Naples Island in Long Beach, California where numerous athletes train for triathlons, open water swims, beach runs, rowing, and sailing competitions. It is site of the Naples Island Swim and the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games.
Open Water Swimming
It is site of the Naples Island Swim & SUP that is an annual opportunity for the City of Long Beach, known as the Aquatic Capital of America, to showcase its leading position in America as a destination for aquatic competition.
World's Best Open Water Swimming Towns
Alamitos Bay in Long Beach was selected as one of the World's Best Open Water Swimming Towns by the World Open Water Swimming Association in 2014.
- World's Best Beach & Open Water Swimming Towns
- Naples Island Swim & SUP
- Swimming Under Bridges, In Canals And Around Islands
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Naples Island Swims
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Naples Island Swim, A California Classic
- Special Olympics World Summer Games Comes To LA
- Anne McLindon Always Does Something Special
- First Lady, Stevie Wonder To Attend World Summer Games
- TV Coverage, Packed Beaches In LA For Special Olympics
- What'SUP Around Naples Island In Long Beach
- Swimming In The Canals Of Wanna-be Naples In California
- Alex Kostich To Give Hints To Open Water Success
- Alex Kostich Wins Another Naples Islands 3-Miler
- Drafting By Veterans