Anastasia, a 42 foot Dutch Steel flybridge motorcruiser, is one of the escort boats owned and piloted by Eddie Spelling of One Charter for English Channel solo swimmers and relays. It is registered with the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation.
Eddie Spelling is an English Channel pilot who navigates escort boat, Anastasia with a RYA/MCA Small Commercial Craft & Workboat registration: Class 2 (60 miles from safe haven). He has been escorting English Channel swimmers for over 10 years and is a registered pilot with the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation. His boat is a family-run boat, with his son-in-law Rob as a permanent crew member. His son Mike is hoping to become a pilot, and is currently training in the North Sea.
Successful Channel Swims
He has piloted the following successful solo swimmers and relays across the English Channel:
- 18 September 2010 11:05:54 Helen Conway
- 22 September 2011 14:13 Relay Swim: "Aspire SRLV"
- 9 August 2003 12:12 Sammy Maletroit
- 15 August 2008 12:01 Elizabeth Fry
- 3 August 2009 13:50:19R - Fredrik Kumlin
- 16 July 2008 12:22 Special Category Swim: "Colman Family"
- 8 August 2003 11:33 Richard Flambard
- 2 July 2011 10:59:13 Relay Swim: "Bobcats Swim Squad"
- 10 September 2005 16:26 Owen Sisk
- 26 July 2003 9:53 Nicholas Sidelnik