André Santos is a Portuguese open water swimmer, coach and aquapreneur who founded SwimTogether in 2019. He has a master’s degree in Business Sciences from The Lisbon School of Economics and Management.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- Santos launched his first business at the age of 20 when he helped students achieve better school results.
- In 2019, he created SwimTogether, a swimming holiday tour operator that gives the opportunity for ordinary swimmers to live authentic swimming experiences.
- He created SwimTogether Swimming Holidays, a swimming holiday company in Portugal that offers swimming holidays, day camps and coaching in the top destinations throughout Portugal including Sesimbra, Lagos, Tomar, Arrábida, Portimão, Gerês, Cascais, Benagil, and Arouca.
- SwimTogether swimming trips provide a balanced combination of relaxation and adventure. Swim routes are enhanced by stops at fishing harbours, villages, remote islands and beaches for the swimmer to enjoy local cuisine at traditional Portuguese tavernas and explore each unique destination.
- He organized the marathon swim by Mayra Santos who swam 45 km along the River Zêzere between Foz de Alge in the municipality of Figueiró dos Vinhos and River Beach in Aldeia do Mato in the municipality of Abrantes on 20 June 2021. She was the first woman to accomplish this feat.