Anton Kutuev is a 46-year-old open water swimmer from Russia.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He competed in the Ice Kilometer at the 3rd International Ice Swimming Association World Championship held in Murmansk, Russia in March 2019.
- On 20 October 2019, he completed a 4-person 25 km relay across the Gulf of Finland from Yelagin Island in St. Petersburg to Kotlin Island together with Roman Karkachev of St. Petersburg, Timur Falomkin of Tomsk, and Andrey Zamyslov of Moscow in 9 hours 52 minutes 40 seconds in 7°C-9.6°C water.
- On 21 June 2021, he completed a 5-person 103 km relay down the Neva River into the Gulf of Finland together with Roman Karkachev of St. Petersburg, Timur Falomkin of Tomsk, Andrey Zamyslov of Moscow, Ivan Kupriyanov in 22 hours 30 minutes in 17°C water.
Kotlin Island Swim
2019 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year
Marathon swims across the Gulf of Finland in the easternmost arm of the Baltic Sea occur in the summer when the water warms up, but four Russian swimmers Roman Karkachev, Timur Falomkin, Andrey Zamyslov and Anton Kutuev decided to challenge themselves to a 25 km relay swim across the Gulf of Finland in late October. The foursome started off with 30-minute legs from Yelagin Island in St. Petersburg to Kotlin Island in the Baltic Sea. The water temperature started at 7°C and never rose above 10°C. Their major challenge was the short recovery time between each leg repeated 7 times without hot tubs and saunas, but they prepared with an onboard doctor of physiology who cleared each swimmer each time. For each swimmer cumulatively swimming 153 minutes each (they swam together the last part of the relay) in very cold water, for accepting a challenge that pushed themselves to their physical limits, and for the genuine camaraderie and ambiance that they enjoyed along their journey, the Gulf Of Finland Relay by Roman Karkachev, Timur Falomkin, Andrey Zamyslov and Anton Kutuev is a worthy nominee for the 2019 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
- Russian Relay Navigates Neva
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- Cruising In Kotlin
- WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- 2019 WOWSA Award Winners Announced
- Travesía Interminable Is 2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year
- Gulf Of Finland Relay Is 2019 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Adherbal Treidler de Oliveira Is 2019 World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year
- Mariel Hawley Dávila Is 2019 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Who's Who In The Men's Ice Swimming World
- Ice Swimming
- International Ice Swimming Association