Ben Pitterle is head of Element 8 Productions, an independent documentary film production company. He filmed, edited and produced DRIVEN, a documentary film about marathon swimming, together with Brian Hall.
The film is currently in production, and features marathon swimmers Fiona Goh, Cherie Edborg, and Evan Morrison, and their respective swims across the Santa Barbara Channel.
Pitterle is the Director, Writer and Producer of DRIVEN. Inspired by a love of documentary films and an experience participating in a near disastrous marathon swim in 2007, his vision is to create a film that resonates with marathon swimmers and the general public alike. In his real-life, Pitterle is an avid ocean enthusiast and a program director for non-profit organization devoted to protecting water quality and ocean habitat.
Described as "Without wetsuits, in the dead of night, three swimmers braved the cold open-ocean to realize a dream...", the community can assist by contributing towards post-production through Indiegogo.
by swimmers Ned Denison, Liz Fry, and Fionnuala Walsh, escorted by Ben Pitterle, fed by Barbara Flanagan, and observed by Theo Schmeeckle and Lynn Kubasek
- Evan Morrison Honored by the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Movie Night Before The La Jolla Cove Swim
- DRIVEN: A glimpse into the world of marathon swimming
- DRIVEN, the movie
- Element 8 Productions
- Are You DRIVEN?
- Facebook page for DRIVEN
- Element 8 Productions Twitter
- Driven - The Marathon Swimming Documentary To Premier
- Driven Over Long Distances
- Dreamers Are Driven
- Catching The Essence Of Marathon Swimming
- Driven To The Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- From California To Cork, These Swimmers Are DRIVEN
- High Fives All Around For DRIVEN
- Driven Featured In Montana
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Trio Tandem Completes Anacapa Circumnavigation