Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He completed a 5.3 km open water swim around Spike Island from Cobh, Ireland in 2008.
- He completed a 14.2 km swim in 4 hours 21 minutes from Garretstown to Old Head to Sandycove, Co. Cork on 1 July 2020.
2016 MSF Calendar
Lynch was featured in the 2016 and 2017 MSF Calendars:
January: 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim, Stage 5. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
February: Anthony McCarley, Catalina Channel. Photo by Caren Morrison.
March: Chloë McCardel, 3-way English Channel. Photo by Paul McQueeney.
April: Wendy Van de Sompele and Ann White, Puget Sound, Washington. Photo by Peter Ray.
May: Breda Maguire, Fountainstown, Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
June: Bernard Lynch and Liam Maher, Ballycotton, Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
July: Gregg Bolsinger, English Channel. Photo by Jean Francois Bouloy.
August: Lynne MacGregor, Robben Island to Big Bay. Photo by John MacGregor.
September: Elliot Spaeder and support crew, Lake Erie. Photo by Robert Frank.
October: David Uprichard, Lake Memphremagog, Vermont Photo by Phil White.
November: Elaine Howley, Loch Ness, Scotland. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
December: Vlissingen, Netherlands. Photo by Mischa de Muynck.
2017 MSF Calendar
Cover – Sarah Thomas swimming in Lake Powell in Arizona. Photo by Ken Classen.
January – Howard James on the earliest English Channel crossing. Photo by Danny Burrows.
February – Theodore Yach swimming his 100th Robben Island crossing. Photo by Mariza Cloete.
March – Radikal MarBrava in Girona, Spain. Photo by Burno Hervas.
April – Swimmers in Lake Willoughby in Vermont. Photo by Manuela Jessel.
May – Howard James leaving Dover. Photo by Danny Burrows.
June – Scott Zornig swimming in San Diego Harbor. Photo by Lynn Kubasek.
July – Dave Van Mouwerik swimming with a whale in Avila Beach. Photo by Michael Dobrzensky.
August – Anthony McCarley swimming in the Harlem River. Photo by Niles Furlong.
September – Marie Watson swimming in Galway Bay in Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
October – Sarah Thomas at finish on Lake Powell shoreline in Arizona. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
November – Bernard Lynch swimming in the English Channel. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
December – Swimmers entered water on Autumn Equinox in Myrtleville, Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
- Robert Bohane Honored By The Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Five Complete Swim Around The Island Of Cork City
- Myrtlesville Swimmers
- Marathon Swimmers Calendar
- Marathon Swimmers Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 2016 Marathon Swimmers Federation Calendar
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Where's Your Spouse? Issues Of Open Water Safety