Bespoke Wild Swimming Holidays
Plunge into Finland's innumerable lakes. Unspoiled small lakes in silence or vast lakes with varying sceneries. Or if sea swimming is your preference, wild swimming in Baltic Sea and discovering its unique archipelago is your thing. We organise wild swimming holidays for single travelers and small groups. Will find the best spots for your wild swimming holiday.
Swimming Holidays in Finland
Swimming Holidays in Finland is a swimming holiday operator run by Kiara Oy that offers open water swimming, winter swimming, wild swimming, camps, tours, events, swim guides and Swim Secure products throughout Finland. Its guides include Päivi Pälvimäki, a competitive swimmer and a masters swimmer, who led the Gulf of Finland Swim project. She is a scriptwriter and lecturer and has M.A. in Theatre and Film Studies, and Tuomas Kaario, a pioneer in open water and marathon swimming in Finland. He was the first Finn to swim the English Channel in 2008. He successfully swam across the Gulf of Finland, 58 km from Tallinn in Estonia to Porkkala in Finland, in July 2014. he attempted a Cook Strait crossing. He is an osteopath and sport massage therapist.
- Baltic Adventure – Swim around Örö Island: August 2017: 4-day swimming holiday on Örö Island. The fortress island of Örö is a nature and a cultural history pearl of the outer Archipelago Sea. It was a closed military area for hundred years, but now it’s a protected area for outdoor and nature lovers with its untouched scorched heathlands and sandy beaches. Swimming from islets to islets is a fun way to experience a genuine maritime feel of the Baltic Sea. 1 km - 3 km swims along beaches of the island. The Swim around Örö Island event on Saturday offers two distances: the entire round of the island 8.5 km and a half round 4 km.
- Lake Päijänne Swim Tour: June, July, August 2017: Swim outdoors, relax and sleep well on our holiday. The vast pristine waters of Päijänne National Park are a treasure for swimmers and outdoor lovers. Water in Lake Päijänne is so clean that you can drink it! A chain of islands in Lake Päijänne is formed by an esker ridge that dates back to the Ice Age. Accommodation in Villa Takila, a two-apartment holiday cottage, offers luxury, style and great ambience for your living and holidaying needs.
- Lapland Adventure Swimming Holiday: 11 – 17 July 2017: Experience swimming in the far North, in the Torne River, the longest free flowing river in Europe (500 km) and a natural border of Finland and Sweden. Swimming in the Torne River is an adventure with fast-flowing water, sand banks and peaceful pools. Take part in Swim the Arctic Circle event, which is a swimming celebration of the Midnight Sun. Enjoy walking along rugged tree-covered hills and valley with lush flora.
- Open Water Swimming Helsinki Region: Enjoy outdoor swimming in clear waters of Helsinki Region. Explore open water swimming locations in the Baltic Sea and enjoy its beautiful Archipelago. Or train open water swim in Kaitalampi, the #ows paradise of the region. Our professional swim guide/beach lifeguard takes you to the best open water swimming locations and takes care of swim safety. You can hire a wetsuit, a swim hat, goggles and a tow float for you swims. Book a three-hour swim adventure, half or whole day swim training session.
- Wild Swimming Adventure Helsinki Region: Explore best wild swimming spots with a local swim guide. Enjoy dips in the Baltic Sea and learn to know beautiful Helsinki archipelago. Walk with our guide to out-of-the-way swimming spots in Nuuksio National Park, where there are over 80 little lakes and ponds. Choose from a three-hour urban swim tour to a whole day swim-walk trek. Our swim guide is professional beach lifeguard and takes care of swim safety and is happy to share stories of wild swimming and knowledge of foraging for wild food.
- Bespoke Wild Swimming Holidays: June - September: Plunge into Finland's innumerable lakes. Unspoiled small lakes in silence or vast lakes with varying sceneries. Or if sea swimming is your preference, wild swimming in Baltic Sea and discovering its unique archipelago is your thing. We organise wild swimming holidays for single travelers and small groups. Will find the best spots for your wild swimming holiday.
- Bespoke Swimming Tours: Finnish Lakeland: Finnish Lakeland is the largest Lake District in Europe. There’s private shoreline for everyone, clear waters and islands and islands and islands…Glittering lakes and vast forests cover most of central Finland. Stay overnight in a tent, a cottage, a farmhouse or a hotel by a National park and walk with our swim guide to best swimming spots in the area. Stand up paddling, canoeing, rowing and fishing can also be part of your outdoor experience.
- Bespoke Swimming Tours: South Coast Finland: South Coast Finland offers easy access to beautiful swimming spots. Choose your type of accommodation - a cottage, a hotel or a hostel and let our swim guide take you to great swimming spots or just give directions there. On a 3-5 day cycle tour around Lake Lohja, the biggest lake in Southern Finland, you can explore at least twenty lakes and dip in all of them. How about adventure swimming in the Baltic Sea? Brackish Baltic Sea water is swimmer friendly with low salinity, desert beaches, living historical sites and small towns.
- Swimming Holidays in Finland
- Freestyling In Finland
- Päivi Pälvimäki, Dryland And Open Water Creativity
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swimming Speciality Products Showcased At Big Chill Swim
- Baltic Adventure – Swim around Örö Island
- Lake Päijänne Swim Tour
- Lapland Adventure Swimming Holiday
- Open Water Swimming Helsinki Region
- Wild Swimming Adventure Helsinki Region
- Fantastic Fun Freestyling In Finland
- Open Water Swimming