Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days
Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days is a how-to book written by Ross Edgley who has spent decades perfecting the principles and practice of extreme fitness to achieve the impossible.
Following a career-threatening injury in 2018, Edgley was forced to reassess his training and take the next steps in a lifelong journey of redefining what the human body is capable of. In Blueprint, he shares the cutting-edge training program that empowered him to rebuild his body from surgery and a doctor’s gloomy prognosis in just 365 days to complete a world record swim.
Whether it’s climbing a mountain, swimming the English Channel or a gruelling triathlon, Blueprint will teach you the tried and tested principles of sports science that have been used for decades by Olympians, explorers and adventurers at the limits of peak physical endurance.
Blueprint is Ross Edgley's complete training journey that shows you how to:
• Divide a 365-day training plan into seasons (winter, spring, summer and autumn)
• Rebuild your body using evolutionary medicine
• Build a superhuman work capacity with forgotten Spartan-style training
• Gain bulletproof resilience through Soviet-inspired strength training
• Boost your aerobic base with Olympian techniques
Blueprint applies the exact same principles that enabled Edgley to complete extreme feats such as the World's Longest Sea Swim, World's Longest Rope Climb, World's Heaviest Triathlon and World's Strongest Marathon.
The book features almost 30 tailored workouts for different phases of training, packed with digestible sports science to help you optimise your workouts, and interspersed with Edgley's own daring adventures across the world, Blueprint is the ultimate guide to optimizing your time and training to make the impossible possible.
Ross Edgley bio
Ross Edgley (born 1985) is a celebrated strongman and open water swimmer, former water polo player, decorated expert in the fitness industry, and a graduate of Loughborough University School of Sport and Exercise Science. Edgley is co-founder of The Protein Works and has amassed a social media following of well over a half a million people.
- He was nominated for the 2018 Wild Swimmer of the Year by the The Wild Swimming Brothers.
- He was voted as the 2018 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year in a global online poll, nominated by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- He was named one of the World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Men in 2019 by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
Edgley writes for GQ Magazine, Men's Health, Telegraph, Askmen.com, Men's Fitness and more. He has authored three books:
- Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days, published September 2021
- The Art of Resilience: Strategies for an Unbreakable Mind and Body, published May 2020
- The World's Fittest Book, published 2018
- Ross Edgley Goes 3 For 3 With His Third Sunday Times Bellseller
- Chris Hemsworth: “He’s An Animal”- Ross Edgley’s Blueprint For Success
- Ross Edgley Has A Blueprint For Athletes, Adventurers
- Blueprint: Build a Bulletproof Body for Extreme Adventure in 365 Days
- The Art of Resilience: Strategies for an Unbreakable Mind and Body
- The World's Fittest Book
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Sue Dyson Explains The History Of St. Lucia Channel Swims On WOWSA Live
- Sophia Nash’s Extreme Swim To Become An Iron Icewoman
- 2019 WOWSA Awards Nominees
- 2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- 2018 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- Ross Edgley
- Nominate Mind-boggling, Incredible Swims For The 2019 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- The Great British Swim
- Welcome To The World Of Strongman Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Logged Down By Swimming
- Cacao Almond Nut Butter Cookies In & Out Of The Water
- 10 unspoken rules of open water swimming
- Strongman Swimming Sequels
- The Great British Swim
- Ben + Ross + Lewis: 3 Unprecedented Stage Swims
- Hardened In The Open Water: Observing Stage Swimmers
- WOWSA Winners Possess Sense Of Adventure
- These People Will Entertain, Inspire You With Their Answers
- Skolnick On Swimming At The Olympic Club
- Mosaic Of Marathoners
- Ross Edges Closer And Closer To His Goal
- Great British Swim Party On The Beach
- The Great British Swim Will Culminate On November 4th
- Circumnavigating Great Britain In 157 Days
- Personality Plus, Beaming From Britain
- How Open Water Swimming Initiated A Life Of Adventure
- A Love Creative With April Wong
- How Ross Edgley Swam Around Great Britain
- Ross On A Roll
- Ross Returns, Edgley On The World's Fittest Tour
- Aleksandra Bednarek Voted 2018 Voted 2018 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year
- Icebears Hintertux Voted 2018 Voted 2018 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year
- Ross Edgley's Great British Swim Voted 2018 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year
- Ion Lazarenco Tiron Voted 2018 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year
- Wonderful Wild Swimmers Of The Year
- Terence Bell To Swim Around Hawaii's Garden Island
- Newest Guinness World Records Holders In The Open Water