Chad La Tourette
Chad La Tourette (born 7 October 1988 in Livermore, California) is a 33-year-old American competitive swimmer and open water swimmer.
Swimming Career Highlights
- He participated in a 33.5 km relay crossing of the English Channel with Drew Cosgarea, Joby Bernstein, Catherine Breed, Courtney Monsees, and Allison Arnold with the Olympic Club of San Francisco in July 2022.
- La Tourette is a six-time medalist (three golds, three silvers) at the World University Games and two-time silver medalist at the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships.
- He competed in the USA Swimming Open Water Swimming Championships and the Trans Tahoe Relay.
- He won the 1500m freestyle at the 2010 USA Swimming National Championships in 14:55.39.
- He won two silver medals at the 2010 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships, in the 1500m freestyle in 14:54.48 and the 800m freestyle in 7:51.62.
- He finished 6th in the 800m in 7:46.52 and 5th in the 1500m in 14:52.36 at the 2011 FINA World Swimming Championships in Shanghai, China.
- At the 2012 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska, La Tourette just missed making the Olympic team by placing third in the 1500m freestyle with a time of 14:57.53.
- He served as the captain of the winning 2016 Trans Tahoe Relay team, TOC Men's A Team.
- He served as the captain of the winning 2017 Trans Tahoe Relay team, TOC Elite.
- He serve as the captain of the winning 2018 Trans Tahoe Relay team, the Sunnyside Sinners that was awarded the 1976 Cup together with Mazen Aziz, Allison Arnold, Catherine Breed, Drew Cosgarea, and Bryan Offutt.
- He set a US Masters Swimming record in the 1500m freestyle in 2019.
- On 5 September 2022, he finished 5th in the 3.86 km Waikiki Roughwater Swim on Oahu, Hawaii.
- On 2 September 2019, he finished 2nd in the 3.86 km Waikiki Roughwater Swim on Oahu, Hawaii.
- Masters of the Open Water
- The Olympic Club of San Francisco On The Channel
- Pacific Masters Virtual Clinic - Live Tonight
- Tahoe Eleven Milers Win Trans Tahoe Relay
- Bob's Birthday Boy In Berryessa
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Open Water Swimming Race Calendar
- Sponsor My Swim
- Davis Aquatic Masters
- U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water & Long Distance Swimming Championships
- 2016 Trans Tahoe Relay Results
- Swimming To Keep Tahoe Blue
- Bill Rose Honored By His Fellow Coaches
- Trans Tahoe Relay website
- America's Top 50 Open Water Swims
- Olympic Club
- 2018 Trans Tahoe Relay Awards At The Olympic Club