Coaches Education Program
noun - The Coaches Education Program is an online coaching certification program for open water swimming. Participants can take the online tests conveniently within the members area of the World Open Water Swimming Association website and can see the results of their test upon completing each test.
The Coaches Education Program is a comprehensive seven-step open water swimming coaches education program for pool and open water swimming athletes, coaches, triathlete coaches, masters swimming coaches, fitness coaches, endurance sports coaches, and multi-sport coaches. The course covers details of the sport, the myriad aspects of open water swimming, and the various practices and methodologies used.
The certification program educates interested individuals on everything from safety to proper swimming techniques to race tactics. Individuals who pass the program are trained to safely coach young children in short introductory open water swims as well as escort marathon swimmers in the English Channel.
Overview of the Seven Modules
- Open Water Safety - includes over 9 hours of video from the 2011 Open Water Safety Conference in San Francisco
- The Marine Environment - the ever changing open water world
- History of Open Water Swimming - from Captain Matthew Webb to the Olympics and around the world
- Best Practices - Signage, buoys, clinics, sponsors, media, safety support, partners and more
- The Pyramid of Open Water Swimming Success
- The Equipment Used in Open Water Swimming - from Local Races to the Olympics
- The Psychology and Physiology of Open Water Swimming.
This Education Program is based upon Steven Munatones' book Open Water Swimming.
Program Registration Fee
- Register for the Coaches Education Program.
Order a Copy of the Course Textbook: Open Water Swimming by Steven Munatones