Fergal Madden is an Irish open water swimmer, who completed the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. He is based in Galway and is Chair of the Atlantic Masters.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He achieved the Frosted Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 26 August 2022.
- He completed the English Channel in 2019 in 16 hours and 46 minutes
- He completed 20 Bridges in June 2022 in 8 hours and 55 minutes
- He completed the Fastnet Rock swim in 2021 in 7 hours and 16 minutes
- He completed the 10 km Galway Bay eight times
- He completed the 10 km Lough Gill four times
- On 26 August 2022, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Palos Verdes Peninsula on the Southern California mainland in 13 hours 38 minutes 8 seconds to complete the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. He was supported by Jenny Leigh Smith, Peter Cunningham, and Dan Simonelli with Jill Hanson and Mark Miller serving as CCSF observers.
- Open Water Swimmers Take It To The Extreme with Ice Miles, Channel Swims and Marathon Swims
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Capturing, Commemorating, Celebrating Irish Marathon Swims
- 2016 Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Awards
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Official Website
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Facebook Page
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association