Flavio Bomio of Switzerland was formerly the director of the Bellinzona swimming club in Switzerland and formerly the Honorary Secretary of the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee (TOWSC) that is responsible for advising, analyzing, appointing, investigating, studying and recommending rules, regulations, protocols, procedures, equipment and specifications regarding the preparations and execution of open water swimming events sanctioned and organized by FINA, the world's governing body of aquatics.
Between organizing open water races and team relays in Europe and continuing to develop the FINA 10KM Marathon Swimming World Cup and the FINA Open Water Swimming Grand Prix circuits, Bomio oversaw dozens of FINA and LEN races around the world. Bomio has served as a judge at every World Championship and European Championship since 1999 as well as coached athletes to numerous medals in international competitions, including 3 Olympics.
Bomio was a coach and administrator his entire adult life and served as the LEN Technical Open Water Swimming Committee chairman as well as his role as the two-time Honorary Secretary of the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee before he was suspended and jailed for alleged sexual misconduct.
- When Chris Guesdon Changed The Course Of Open Water History
- Flavio Bomio Suspended By FINA
- Update On Flavio Bomio
- Andrea Prayer Steps Into Bigger Role
- FINA Welcomes Sid Cassidy Back
- New FINA Open Water Swimming School For Officials
- FINA Open Water Swimming Seminar Wrap-up
- 2012 Olympic Marathon Swimming 10km Coverage
- Flavio Bomio
- Flavio Bomio
- Swim World Rocked By Scandal
- Flavio Bomio news
- Athletes Do Right Thing By Craig Lord
- Will Color Come To Tokyo?