Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Jeff Everett is a 56-year-old American open water swimmer from Oakland, California who is a member and former Swim Commissioner of the South End Rowing Club. He has completed three Oceans Seven channels and completed the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 22 July 2017.
Open Water Swimming Career
- On 17 September 2012, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar in a tandem swim with Les Mangold in 5 hours 23 minutes at the age of 51 to join the Half Century Club.
- On 27 May 2013, he completed the 16 km Bay to Breakers in San Francisco Bay, California in 2 hours 41 minutes 51 seconds at the age of 52.
- On 8 June 2013, he completed the 10 km Lake Del Valle Open Water Swims in 3 hours 28 minutes 50 seconds at the age of 52.
- On 26 August 2013, he completed a crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 12 hours 48 minutes 5 seconds at the age of 52.
- On 1 August 2015 Everett at the age of 54 was a member of the Team Nadadores Locos, a 6-person relay that completed a two-way crossing of the Farallon Islands in 34 hours 54 minutes under the auspices of the Monterey Swimming Association. The relay was nominated for the 2015 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- On 22 August 2015, he completed a crossing of the English Channel in 17 hours 43 minutes at the age of 54.
- On 6 September 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 5 hours 16 minutes at the age of 55.
- On 22 July 2017, he completed a 45.8 km circumnavigation of Manhattan Island at the 20 Bridges Manhattan Swim in 8 hours 56 minutes at the age of 56.
Team Nadadores Locos Members
- Amy Appelhans Gubser, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- Kirk McKinney, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- Les Mangold, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- John Sims, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- Jeff Everett, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- Andrew McLaughlin, a member of the South End Rowing Club
- LongSwimsDB profile
- Team Nadadores Locos Does Two-Way Farallones Crossing
- Les Mangold and Jeff Everett Cross The Strait of Gibraltar
- Open Water Swimming
- Jeff Everett Wondering What Comes Next
- 2015 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Everett’s Excellent Endurance Endeavors
- 20 Bridges Swim
- Marathon Swimming