John McElroy is an Irish open water swimmer
Open Water Swimming Career
- He is a member of Eleven Feet, a relay team that completed a 21-mile relay crossing of the North Channel between Northern Ireland and Scotland in 12 hours 52 minutes, together with Jacqueline Galway, Alison Caldwell, Adrian Poucher, Barry Patterson, and David Burke under the leadership of Pádraig Mallon, and pilots Brian Meharg and Mervyn Kinny under the auspices of the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- He is a member of TEAM 210•Southwest (210oSOUTHWEST team) with Mo McCoy, Olive Conroy, and Adrian Poucher in a 13-hour attempt of the Dál Riata channel.
- He is a member of the Team 210oSOUTHWEST that completed a second Dál Riata channel crossing on 7 September 2015 with Keith Garry, Olive Conroy, and Adrian Poucher in 7 hours 33 minutes between Mull of Kintyre in Scotland and Cross Slieve, Cushendun Bay in Northern Ireland with Pádraig Mallon and Richard Lafferty as the escort pilots from the Infinity Channel Swimming and Piloting Services
- He completed a 12 km Tory Sound Swim from Magheroarty on the Irish mainland to Tormore Point, Tory Island in Donegal, Ireland on 11 June 2016 in 3 hours 56 minutes, escorted by Infinity Channel Swimming together with Sabrina Wiedmer and Jack Boyle
- Pádraig Mallon of Infinity Channel Swimming and Piloting Services will escort Olive Conroy, John McElroy, Ruth McGuigan, Patrick Corcoran, Noel Grimes and Fergil Hesterman on the 45 km Celtic Quadrant swim from the Isle of Islay in Scotland to Ireland in 2017.
- he is one of the top swimmers in the 2017-2018 Global Swim Series.
Tory Sound Swim
Courtesy of Infinity Channel Swimming and Piloting Services
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- David Burke Facebook page
- 11 Feet Never Gave An Inch
- 11 Feet And 6 Big Smiles
- Lopsided But Swimming Straight
- What Time Is It?
- Swimming Synchronicity
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Award Winners
- Almost Across Dál Riata With Infinity
- Team 210•Southwest Takes Two: Dál Riata 2.0
- Global Swim Series
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Oa Is A Difficult Challenge Of The Celtric Quadrant
- Michael Kenny Forges Into Global Swim Series Lead