Kamil Resa Alsaran
Kamil Resa Alsaran is a 59-year-old Turkish open water swimmer.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He has completed four Oceans Seven channel swims.
- He achieved both the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- On 28 July 2022, he attempted a 19.5 km Tsugaru Channel crossing from Aomori Prefecture to Hokkaido in northern Japan in 25°C water. He aborted the crossing after he encountered sharks in the water.
- He was a member of The Brave Turks, an English Channel relay that completed a two-way crossing of the English Channel on 1 September 2017, escorted by Stuart Gleeson, that received the CSA Special Award in 2017. The other swimmers included Gurkan Gulyuz, Hakan Alsaran, Emre Seven, Ragip Vural Tandoğan, and Ayse Yasemin Yildirim.
- On 4 September 2012, he completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 19 minutes at the age of 51.
- On 21 August 2015, he completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 18 hours 1 minute at the age of 54.
- On 4 August 2016, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 5 hours 10 minutes at the age of 55 in a tandem swim with Ragip Vural Tandogan
- He completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel on 28 July 2017 in 13 hours 1 minutes 38 seconds in a tandem swim with Ragip Vural Tandogan.
- He completed the 45.9 km Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming after finishing 12th in the 45.9 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim in New York on 30 June 2018 in 10 hours 15 minutes 45 seconds in a tandem swim with Ragip Vural Tandoğan at the age of 57.
- On 29 July 2019, he completed a 35 km crossing of the North Channel from Northern Ireland to Scotland in 13 hours 55 minutes 37 seconds at the age of 58.
- On 10 September 2020, he completed a 28 km crossing of the Bristol Channel in the UK at the age of 59 in 13 hours 9 minutes, becoming the first Turkish swimmer and the oldest person.
2020 WOWSA Awards
The Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming by Kamil Resa Alsaran was nominated for the 2020 WOWSA Awards in the World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year category: Kamil Resa Alsaran became the first person in 45 years to complete the Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming with a successful 13 hour 9 minute crossing of the 28 km Bristol Channel in England. The Bristol Channel was last crossed in 1982, a difficult body of water to say the least, but Alsaran completed the swim at the age of 59. For becoming the oldest person to complete a crossing of the very tidal Bristol Channel and only the seventh successful swimmer in history, for completing the Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming to join International Marathon Swimming Hall of Famer icons Kevin Murphy and Ted Keenan as the only three individuals in history to achieve this feat, and for freely and humbly sharing his advice to properly mentally prepare for all his endeavors that includes many channel swims, the Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming by Kamil Resa Alsaran of Turkey is a worthy nominee for the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
- Note: The Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming designation was rescinded after consultation with the arbiter of the Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- Bristol Channel Swimming Association Is Taking Off
- Bristol Channel Swimming Association
- Tsugaru Channel Crossings In Japan Are Back On
- Nejib Belhedi Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year
- Bárbara Hernández Huerta Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year
- Original Triple Crown By Kamil Resa Alsaran Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Kosatka DV Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- Kamil Resa Alsaran Talks About Achieving Dreams On WOWSA Live
- Kamil Resa Alsaran Completes Very Rare Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming
- Original Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Kamil Resa Alsaran Continues To Impress
- Two Triumphant Tandem For Triple
- The Brave Turks
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- The Men & Woman Behind The Bridges
- New York Open Water
- Pat Gallant-Charette Never Looking Back
- Two Triumphant Tandem For Triple
- Kate Robarts Takes The Heat To Achieve Triple Crown
- One More Swim, One More Wave For Melissa Kegler
- Swimming Splendidly From Slovakia To Sydney
- Jenny Smith Does Crazy Hard, Completes Triple Crown
- Ned Wieland Has A Long Bright Future Ahead
- Nathalie Pohl Wins 20 Bridges, Achieves Triple Crown