Lake Superior (French: Lac Supérieur) is the largest of the five Great Lakes of North America. The lake is bounded by Ontario and Minnesota to the north and west, and Wisconsin and Michigan to the south. It is generally considered the largest freshwater lake in the world by surface area. It is the world's third-largest freshwater lake by volume.
Open Water Swimming
- The Apostle Island Relay Swim is a 20-mile solo and relay competition in Lake Superior around Madeline Island.
- Jim Dreyer, also known as The Shark, swam 59 miles (95 km) in a wetsuit and fins across Lake Superior in 2005.
- Blue Mind 7 Summit will be organized in 2017.
- Vicki Keith Talks About Doing The Impossible On WOWSA Live
- Two Million Swimmers: The Courage Of Dennis And Dewey
- Two In A Million - Superior Swimming By Dennis And Dewey
- Salzmann Swimming In Superior
- Marilyn Bell, In Solo Yet Never Alone
- Solo, Yet Never Alone By Laura Young
- 32 km Around Madeline Island
- Apostle Island Relay Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swimmers Take On The Apostles
- The Great Lakes Odyssey Of Paula Stephanson
- Marathon Swimming
- From The Apostles Island To The Mighty Red River
- Red River Racing With Sandra Frimerman-Bergquist
- Marilyn Korzekwa Swims Thrice For Two Grand Successes
- The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald