Linda Ashmore is an accomplished marathon runner, trail ultrarunner, triathlete, an open water swimmer and a breast cancer survivor (from 2012) from Great Britain.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She is the one of the oldest swimmers of the English Channel when she swam 33.5 km across from England to France in 15 hours 11 minutes at the age of 60 years 302 days in 2007 to become a member of the Half Century Club.
- On 3 August 2008, she finished 13th in the the 26.4 km Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim from Rapperswil to Zurich in Lake Zurich, Switzerland in 9 hours 55 minutes 25 seconds, at the age of 61.
- At the age of 71 years and 305 days, she became the oldest woman to swim 33.5 km across the English Channel from England to France on 21 August 2018. She completed the swim in 16 hours 22 minutes and raised over £4000 for Cancer Research UK.
- She finished 3rd in the 70-74 division at the 2015 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
- She finished 2nd in the 70-74 division at the 2016 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
- She won the 70-74 division at the 2017 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii in 13 hours 42 minutes 50 seconds at the age of 71.
- Linda Ashmore Wears A Watch For A Reason
- Linda Ashmore website
- Oldest person to swim the English Channel (female)
- Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim Half Century Club Members
- The Oldest Men and Women in the Sea
- Oldies But Goodies In The Open Water
- How Old Can They Go? Very Old
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association