Lough Dan (Irish: Loch Deán) is a boomerang-shaped ribbon lake near Roundwood, County Wicklow, Ireland. It is a popular area for hikers and kayakers and and ice swimmers that lies very close to the Wicklow Way.
The Inchavore river flows into Lough Dan from the north-west. An outflow from Lough Tay - the Cloghoge river - feeds it via from the north-east. It is drained to the south by the River Avonmore. Most of the lake is surrounded by private lands, though the north-western corner is part of the Wicklow National Park.
Open Water Swimming
The annual Eastern Bay Swim Team Invitational International Ice Mile Swim, organized by Fergal Somerville, is held in Lough Dan in February.
Open Water Swims
- Rachel Doyle Honored By The Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- 4th Eastern Bay Invitational International Ice Mile Swim
- 2017 Eastern Bay Invitational International Ice Mile Swim
- International Ice Swimming Association
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Lough Dan Races
- Dún Laoghaire Harbour Race
- Dublin City Liffey Swim
- Corinna Nolan, A Woman Of Extreme Talents