Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 2 September 2023, she competed in the Ultra Oceanman 30k from Calheta to Funchal in Madeira, Portugal in 9 hours 37 minutes 49.6 seconds.
- On 23 September 2023, she pioneered the 20 km Swim Challenge Cascais between Lisbon and Cascais, Portugal in 4 hours 58 minutes 39.3 seconds.
- She serves as a SwimMadeira swim guide, a company that she founded.
- In October 2015 she completed her first open water swim, a 1.5 km open water race.
- In 2016, she completed a 18 km crossing in the Canary Islands. No Portuguese swimmer had yet accomplished this same swim.
- On 4 September 2019, she completed a 42 km crossing between Porto Santo and Ponta de São Lourenço on Madeira Island in 12 hours 7 minutes 20 seconds at the age of 40, the first woman to do so.
- On 12 September 2020, she completed a 30 km crossing between Calheta and Funchal at the First Edition Madeira Island Ultra Swim in 10 hours 13 minutes 29 seconds.
- On 6 November 2020, she set a world record for the Longest Continuous Swim in a Counter Current Pool in Caniço on Madeira Island in Portugal from 10:00 am on 5 November 2020 to 17:07 pm on 6 November 2020 in 31 hours 7 minutes.
- On 28 May 2021, she completed a 17 km crossing between Ponta do Pargo and Porto Moniz in 5 hours 37 minutes 40 seconds. She was the first woman to accomplish this feat.
- On 20 June 2021, she swam 45 km along the River Zêzere between Foz de Alge in the municipality of Figueiró dos Vinhos and River Beach in Aldeia do Mato in the municipality of Abrantes in Portugal. She was the first woman to accomplish this feat.
- On 29 August 2021, she completed a 20 km crossing between Porto Moniz and Ponta Delgada in 6 hours 25 minutes. She was the first woman to accomplish this feat.
- On 11 September 2021, she completed a 30 km crossing between Calheta and Funchal at the second Edition Madeira Island Ultra Swim in 9 hours 7 minutes 1 second.
- On 11 August 2022, she completed the 91.8 km 40 Bridges Swim, twice around Manhattan Island in New York City in 20 hours 12 minutes 12 seconds at the age of 43.
Longest Continuous Swim in a Counter Current Pool
2021 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nomination
Winner: Kate Steels (Great Britain)
First Runner-up: Elaine Burrows Dillane (Ireland)
Second Runner-up: Abhejali Bernardová (Czech Republic)
4. Mayra Santos (Brazil)
5. Merle Liivand (Estonia)
6. Shu Pu (Hong Kong)
7. Sarah Thomas (USA)
8. Amy Ennion (Great Britain)
9. Lexie Kelly (USA)
10. Maria Cotignolo (Uruguay)
11. Chloë McCardel (Australia)
12. Ana Marcela Cunha (Brazil)
13. Abigail Fairman (USA)
14. Kerry Kopke (South Africa)
15. Carina Bruwer (South Africa)
- Mayra Santos Set to Pioneer a Swim around Porto Santo
- Erica Esterly, Mayra Santos, Antonio Argüelles Finish 40 Bridges Around Manhattan Island
- Déjà vu Again – Twice Around Manhattan Island
- Marathoning Mayra Training For Madeira
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Starts Swimming For 36 Hours
- Records Are Made To Be Broken
- Madeira Island Ultra Swim Results Day 1
- Mayra Santos terminou às 14:00 a ligação entre Porto Moniz e Ponta Delgada
- Mayra Santos e Primeira Mulher a Fazer Travessia a Nado Entre Ponta do Pargo e Porto Moniz
- Madira Island Ultra Swim Results 2020
- Mayra Santos Enjoying The Sea
- Mayra Santos Swims Down River Zêzere
- 16 Hours And More In An Endless Pool, Dave Tonge To Attempt A Record
- Watch Mayra Santos Do Longest Continuous Swim In A Counter Current Pool
- Mayra Santos Sets Longest Continuous Swim In A Counter Current Pool Record
- Mayra Santos Completes 42 km Madeira Islands Ultra Swim
- Associação de Natação da Madeira
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swim Together