Mercedes The Spirit of a New Age
Mercedes Gleitze: The Spirit of a New Age is a swimming film documentary about the life of Mercedes Gleitze produced by Clare Delargy, a film and television director and producer from Northern Ireland. Mercedes Gleitze was a prolific marathon swimmer and channel swimmer who was inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame as an Honour Swimmer.
Mercedes: The Spirit of a New Age premieres on 16 October 2014 on Foxtel in Australia and New Zealand.
Mercedes Gleitze on Marathon Swimming
“It’s having the willpower to endure the cold and not be disconcerted at the nearness of porpoises, dolphins and even sharks, to bear the pain of aching shoulders, knees and shins and to remain floating in the water with your arm seized with cramp and remain unperturbed when a large steamer passes too near. When you cannot have the hot drinks you’ve longed for and when an attack of sleep threatens to send you to the land of oblivion, but to have the courage to say I want to carry on," said Mercedes Gleitze in 1933.
- The Splendid Failure And Many Successes By Mercedes Gleitze
- Binge Watching Swimming Over The Last Century
- IMDb on Clare Delargy
- Her Swim Made Rolex Famous
- First Across The Strait - Mercedes Gleitze
- Mercedes Gleitze Honoured In Cork, Ireland
- Sea Swimming Is A Beautiful Thing
- Rolling Home To Bonnie Scotland
- Mercedes Gleitze: The Spirit of a New Age To Air
- Mercedes: The Spirit Of A New Age To Premiere
- A Christmas Present From Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Driven Featured In Montana
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming