Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He is a member of the Half Century Club and the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- He is a Patron of the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame.
- He was inducted into the Hawaii Swimming Hall of Fame in the Channel Swimming Category in the Class of 2015.
- In September 1979, he crossed the 42 km Molokai Channel from Molokai Island to Oahu in 16 hours 50 minutes in a tandem swim with Ian Emberson.
- In 1980, he completed a crossing of the Maui Channel from Lanai to Maui in 4 hours 2 minutes.
- On 14 September 2003, he crossed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 20 minutes 13 seconds at the age of 49 where he broke two ribs climbing up the rocks at the finish.
- In 1984, he completed a crossing of the Maui Channel from Lanai to Maui in 3 hours 37 minutes.
- In 2002, he completed a crossing of the Maui Channel from Lanai to Maui in 4 hours 12 minutes.
- On 23 June 2004, he crossed the 45.8 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York in 8 hours 3 minutes 9 seconds at the age of 50.
- On 31 August 2008, he crossed the English Channel from England to France in 16 hours 9 minutes 18 seconds at the age of 54.
- In 2010, he completed the 28.1 km Ederle Swim from Manhattan Island to Sandy Hook, New Jersey in 5 hours 20 minutes.
- In 2011, he completed a crossing of the Maui Channel from Lanai to Maui in 4 hours 26 minutes.
- On 21 July 2011, he crossed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 12 hours 44 minutes 46 seconds at the age of 57.
- On 14 September 2013, he completed the 24.3 km Cape Circumnavigation Challenge in 6 hours 20 minutes 42 seconds at the age of 59.
- On 21 June 2014, he completed the 58 km END-WET river swim from North Dakota to Minnesota down the Mighty Red River in 9 hours 34 minutes at the age of 60.
- On 4 August 2014, he completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 15 hours 15 minutes at the age of 60.
- On 10 August 2014, he completed the 28.1 km Ederle Swim from Manhattan Island to Sandy Hook, New Jersey in 5 hours 45 minutes 57 seconds at the age of 60.
- On 10 July 2016, he completed the 17 km Portland Bridge Swim in Oregon in 5 hours 21 minutes at the age of 62.
- On 1 October 2017, he completed the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 5 hours 44 minutes 34 seconds at the age of 63.
- He won the O'Clee Jubilee Award from the Channel Swimming Association in 2014.
- On 11 October 2020, he finished 30th in the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 6:05:31.
World Swimming Majors
1. Alison Streeter, United Kingdom, 54
2. Kristian Rutford, United States, 53
3. Peter Jurzynski, United States, 62
4. Penny Palfrey, Australia, 50
5. Christopher Green, United Kingdom, 63
6. Benn Kramer, Canada, 56
7. Dieter Loeliger, Australia, 79
8. Karteek Clarke, United Kingdom, 46
9. Antonio Arguelles, Mexico, 54
10. Marc Newman, United Kingdom, 45
11. Michael Miller, United States, 59
Rewarming after Ederle Swim
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Patrons
- Channel Swimming with Stewart Evans: Walk In, Swim Across, Walk Out
- Lewis Pugh Pushed, The World Is Responding
- 2020 Swim Around Charleston – Solo Results
- Alex Kostich Wins Swim Around Charleston
- Stately, Splendid, Stunning Swim Starts Around Charleston
- Michael and Mackenzie Miller Talk Channel Swimming On WOWSA Live
- Vojislav Mijić Talks About Swimming With A Full Heart On WOWSA Live
- World’s Most Unique Hobby – Discarded Fishing Weight Collection
- Like Dad, Like Daughter Across The Catalina Channel
- Ain't No Sharks In North Dakota, Just A Mighty Red River
- The Molokai Channel Archives
- Oldies But Goodies In The Open Water
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation website
- Channel Swimming and Piloting Federation website
- NYC Swim bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming website
- Open Water Swimming
- The Oldest Men and Women in the Sea
- Oceans Seven List - September 2012
- Swimming Safely With Thoughts Of Sharks
- Parenting In The Open Water - Part 1
- Ka'iwi Channel Swim, Ready For An Epic Undertaking
- When Sharks Are Spotted
- Finding True Love In The Open Water
- Marathon Swimming
- 1 + 1 > 2 In The Open Water Swimming World
- C3 Results From Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- Dealing With Insomnia Before Getting In The Open Water
- Ka’iwi Channel Swim 2.0, Insanely Interesting
- Navigating With The First Couple Of Open Water Swimming
- Dan Projansky, 56 Going On 36
- Highlights And History Of the Ka'iwi Channel
- What's Going Through Your Head In The Open Water
- END-WET Begins And Ends Today
- END-WET: Epic, Iconic And Surreally Long
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Results And Report Of The 2014 END-WET
- Triple Crowners Showcase Their Fountain Of Youth - Age of Triple Crowners
- Swimming In Beautiful Country
- Maintaining The Mission Of The Waikiki Roughwater Swim
- Shivering By An Open Water Swimmer Like...
- Swimming On A Kona Day
- 17 Is A Prime Number In New York
- Ederle Swim, Round 2 For Michael Miller
- What Is The Fairest Channel Of Them All?
- What If...In The Molokai Channel?
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Happy Wife, Happy Open Water Life
- Bill Goding, Mike Miller Inducted In Hawaii Hall Of Fame
- What Is Your Perfect Swim?
- What Is Your Least Favorite Open Water Swim?
- Open Water Swimming Worth Its Weight In Lead
- Diving Down For Surprises
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- 2014 Ederle Swim
- 2014 Ederle Swim photos
- Linda Kaiser Lived A Life of Aloha
- 360 Calories Wins Trip To Napa Valley