Michael Ventre is an international open water swimmer from Botswana who serves as a Marathon Swimming Mentor.
Ventre was born in Gaborone, Botswana in 1977 to British parents where he lived till the age of 13 and went to Broadhurst Primary School. He then went to high school in Johannesburg, South Africa at St Stithians College and later attended the Rand Afrikaans University (now the University of Johannesburg). He is currently living and working in London.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He has completed three Oceans Seven channels:
- he completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel on 15 August 2011 in 15 hours 18 minutes
- he completed a 42 km crossing of the Molokai Channel in Hawaii on 6 August 2012 in 22 hours 30 minutes, swimming from Molokai to Oahu's China Walls
- he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel in 11 hours 53 minutes on 7 August 2014.
- he competed in the 2012 Winter Swimming World Championships in Latvia
- he swam from Robben Island to Blouberg in Cape Town on 25 February 2013 in 2 hours 33 minutes while raising awareness and funds for The World Food Programme, The Hunger Project and the Enough Food for Everyone If campaign.
- he is an extreme swimmer who participated in the 2014 Winter Swimming Championships in Finland where he competed in the 450m endurance swim.
New York to London Swim
Sponsors include Thames Baths, Torq Fitness, Shark Shield, Dry Robe and Xtreme Adventure Foods.
- Vermont Open Water Swimming Hall of Fame on WOWSA Live
- New York to London Swim
- Michael Ventre Main Website
- Michael Ventre on Twitter
- New York To London Swim Adventure For Ventre
- Michael Ventre on Facebook
- Michael Ventre Climbs China Walls After Molokai Crossing in Hawaii
- Interview with Michael Ventre, H2Open Magazine, Aug 2012
- Michael Ventre Swimming and Smiling
- Michael Ventre Complete's English Channel
- Michael Ventre's Just Giving site
- Botswana: English Channel
- Channel Challenge for Save The Children
- Michael Ventre's 2007 English Channel Swim Blog
- Open Water Swimming
- English Channel website
- Welcome to the English Channel
- Ka'iwi Channel Swim, Ready For An Epic Undertaking
- Michael Ventre on Twitter
- Michael Ventre, Botswana's Best
- Ka’iwi Channel Swim 2.0, Insanely Interesting
- Christof Wandratsch Extends His Reach To The Cold
- Michael Ventre's Unforgettable Experience In Rovaniemi
- Highlights And History Of the Ka'iwi Channel
- What Is The Fairest Channel Of Them All?
- What If...In The Molokai Channel?
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Lots Of Hubbub About Michael Ventre's Transoceanic Swim
- The Technicalities Of A Transatlantic Swim
- Michael Ventre Extends Crowdfunding Campaign
- Every £ Counts And Is Greatly Appreciated
- £20,565 Gets Closer To Helping Oxfam
- Michael Ventre Training From Lanzarote To Siberia
- To Help People Do More, Feel Better, Live Longer
- Zogging Across The Atlantic
- Michael Ventre On A Real Meal Revolution
- Poustinia...Jennifer Figge Swimming In The Ocean
- $220,000 Needed To Raise £5M From New York To London
- How Do You Swim From New York To London?
- Michael Ventre Expresses His Sincere Appreciation