Quinn Fitzgerald is an American competitive swimmer and open water swimmer from California. He represents Yale University and the Olympic Club of San Francisco in California and is the Chief Executive Officer of the World Open Water Swimming Association.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He is the Roughwater Swim Commissioner for the Olympic Club in San Francisco.
- He organized two Catalina Channel relays and a Molokai Channel relay for 2018 for the Olympic Club members.
- He is a board member of the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- He finished 5th overall and 2nd in the 30-39 age group at the IISA 3rd World Championship in Murmansk, Russia within the Arctic Circle in the 200m freestyle in 2:32.34 on 14 March 2019.
- He won the 50m freestyle at the IISA 3rd World Championship in Murmansk, Russia in March 2019 in 26.94 in 0.2°C (32.3°F) water.
- He is the race director of the Redondo Beach Coastal Challenge, Open Water Summit, WOWSA Awards and Guinness World Records celebration on 4-5 October 2019.
- He finished 8th in the 1-mile race at the Swim Miami event in South Florida on 8 May 2019.
- He participated in the Rosé for the Bay Relay, a 30 nautical mile (36 statute mile or 55.56 km) is a 6-person relay and charity swim from Cuttings Wharf Public Dock (3272 Cuttings Wharf Road in Napa, California) to Aquatic Park in San Francisco Bay on 30 April - 1 May 2022, together with Jari Salomaa, Cat Breed, Michael Tschantz Hahn, and Kathleen Sheridan with escort pilots Ken Frank and Tim McElligott.
2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nomination
Waterproof cassette players were around in the 1990's, waterproof MP3 players came to market in the 2000s. Through their swim laboratory in Silicon Valley, FINIS developed breakthrough underwater headphones using its patented bone conduction technology. Small speakers vibrate at their temples that create crystal clear sound underwater. While legacy products still use MP3 audio files, FINIS Stream allows swimmers to pair with their smartwatch and stream their favorite music, audio books or podcasts directly from Spotify, Apple Music or other preferred services. For utilization of FINIS' market-leading underwater bone conduction technology that easily connects with goggles to enhance the auditory experience for swimmers, for designing an innovative product that does not need ear buds while comfortably providing crystal clear sound in the water, and for enabling up to 5 hours of continuous music on a single charge, the FINIS Stream is a worthy nominee for the 2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
Redondo Beach Coastal Challenge Introduction Video
- Nike Swim Sponsors Open Water Splash at ASCA World Clinic
- SwimÖresund Launches new Channel Crossing from Denmark to Sweden
- Steve Sutton and Steven Munatones Pioneer Palos Verdes Peninsula Swim
- Pacific Masters Virtual Clinic - Live Tonight
- Michał Perl Breaks World Record, Wins Sprint Freestyle Title at IISA 4th World Championship
- Quinn Fitzgerald's Unexpected World Title
- International Ice Swimming Association 4th World Championship Is On, As Scheduled
- Authentic Marathon Swim Is Historic
- Chris Ritter, Paul Yetter Give Webinar On The Process of Dryland Training
- Getting Ready, Resilient, Ripped With Ritter
- In Cold War Battle Fitzgerald Is Yale's World Champion
- 2019 WOWSA Awards Nominees
- 2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Surround-sound Streaming While Slip Swimming Surround-sound Streaming While Slip Swimming
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Swimming Shackled In Guinness World Record Attempt
- U.S. Masters Swimming bio
- LinkedIn bio
- Olympic Club
- Trans Tahoe Relay
- San Francisco Bay And Aquatic Park Are Hard To Beat
- Yuko Matsuzaki To Attempt World Record At WOWSA Ocean Fest
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Ice Swimming Association
- Antonio Argüelles To Kick-off Olympic Club Rough Water
- Phyllis Quinn Honored By Olympic Club Of San Francisco
- Ed Rudloff Honored By Olympic Club Of San Francisco
- Allison Arnold Honored By Olympic Club Of San Francisco
- Antonio Argüelles Kicks Off Rough Water Kick-off Dinner
- These People Will Entertain, Inspire You With Their Answers
- 2018 Trans Tahoe Relay Awards At The Olympic Club
- Mosaic Of Marathoners
- Swimming From Alcatraz For The First Time
- Olympic History Told At The Olympic Club
- Cameron Bellamy To Give WOWSA Talk At Olympic Club
- Never Too Old, Facing Challenges With Pat Gallant-Charette
- Flight or Fight in the Ice? Learn How From Ger Kennedy
- Skolnick On Swimming
- 2018 Trans Tahoe Relay Awards At The Olympic Club
- KIM SWIMS To Be Released On iTunes
- Join Ger At The Golden Gate
- Who's Who At The Open Water Summit
- Pat Gallant-Charette, Never Too Old
- Kim Chambers Inducted In International Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame
- Personality Plus, Beaming From Britain
- Pat Gallant-Charette Completely Surprised By Her Fame
- Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 13
- Who's Who Of South Africa Gather In Midmar
- Vladislav Sapozhikov Wins 200m Freestyle World Title
- Quinn Fitzgerald, Newcomer Extraordinaire
- He Is A Bulldog - Quinn Fitzgerald, Yale's World Champion
- Canadians Dominate In South Florida
- WOWSA Launches Free Global Calendar
- Molokai Channel Race Is On, Mano-a-Womano