(Redirected from Rachael Hanisch)
Rachael Hanisch née Elkaim is a 30-year-old open water swimmer from Australia's Tamarama Surf Club who completed the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. She is married to Michael Hanisch.
Open Water Swimming Career
- In 2012, she finished 20th in the 10 km Vladsim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 3 hours 8 hours 16 seconds.
- On 23 February 2013, she finished 147th in the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 7 hours 35 minutes 25 seconds.
- In 2013, she finished 14th in the 10 km Vladsim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 2 hours 38 hours 5 seconds.
- On 22 February 2014, she finished 75th in the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 5 hours 49 minutes 19 seconds.
- On 15 September 2014, she completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 1 minute under the auspices of the Channel Swimming Association.
- On 23 21 February 2015, she finished 102nd in the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 6 hours 37 minutes 38 seconds.
- In 2015, she finished 13th in the 10 km Vladsim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 2 hours 29 minutes 53 seconds.
- On 27 February 2016, she finished 104th in the 19.7 km Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 6 hours 17 minutes 8 seconds.
- On 15 May 2016, she finished 25th in the 10 km South Head Roughwater in Australia in 2 hours 41 minutes.
- On 2-3 August 2016, she crossed the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 12 minutes 47 seconds under the auspices of the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation.
- On 20 August 2016, she completed the 45.8 km 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim in New York in 7 hours 44 minutes 28 seconds to complete the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- On 17 December 2016, she finished 22nd in the 10 km Vladswim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 2 hours 48 minutes 6 seconds.
- On 25 2017, she won the women's division (8th overall) in the 25 km Port to Pub Swim in the Rottnest Channel in Australia in 8 hours 1 minute 42 seconds.
- On 16 December 2017, she finished 13th in the 10 km Vladswim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 2 hours 30 minutes 12 seconds.
- On 5 September 2018, she completed a 35 km crossing of the North Channel from Northern Ireland to Scotland in 10 hours 32 minutes 48 seconds for her third Oceans Seven channel at the age of 30.
- On 15 December 2018, she finished 27th in the 10 km Vladswim Balmoral Challenge in Balmoral, Australia in 2 hours 30 minutes 23 seconds.
- She was nominated for the 2018 International Women's Day Bondi Health, Beauty & Wellness Woman of the Year.
20 Bridges (Pier A Battery Start/Finish) Results
1 Michael Hanisch 7:35:53 (Sydney, Australia)
2 Rachael Elkaim 7:44:28 (Sydney, Australia)
3 Spencer Schneider 8:05:44 (New York, New York)
4 Dean Summers 8:10:09 (Sydney, Australia)
5 Kenn Lichtenwalter 8:18:08 (New York, New York)
- Australian Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Class Of 2020/2021
- Man sneaks into Port to Pub swim, proposes to girlfriend
- Vlad Swim
- Welcome To Wetsundays
- Channel Swimming Association
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- History Of Swimming Around Manhattan Island
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Trio Of Aussies Do Triple Crown Around The Big Apple
- Rachael Elkaim + Michael Hanisch Swim As One
- Ryan Utsmi Rises To The Occasion
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Rachael Elkaim Up For Health, Beauty & Wellness Woman of the Year