Shannon House Keegan
Shannon House Keegan is a 45-year-old American open water swimmer, coach and podcaster from Talent, Oregon.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She created Intrepid Water Adventure Swimming.
- She created Marathon Swim Stories.
- She created Intrepid Water Accountability Group.
- She completed the 3-mile race during the Kingdom Swim in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont in 2010.
- She participated in the In Search of Memphre marathon swim in Lake Memphremagog (Vermont) in 2014.
- She completed the 2011 10-mile race in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont.
- She attempted a 25-mile relay crossing of Lake Memphremagog, Vermont in 2011.
- She completed the 2014 36-mile END-WET down the Red River in North Dakota to Minnesota.
- She completed the 17 km Portland Bridge Swim three times.
- She participated the S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge stage swim in Arizona in 2014.
- In 2018 she circumnavigated 20 km around Mercer Island in Seattle, Washington.
- In 2018, she completed the 25 km Border Buster during the Kingdom Swim weekend.
- She participated in the inaugural Cliff Backyard Ultra Swim at Wellington Lake, Colorado.
- She finished 6th in the 25 km Border Buster in Lake Memphremagog in 9 hours 51 minutes 45 seconds guided by Noah Keegan.
- She completed the first 10-mile double crossing of Lake Willoughby in Vermont in 2012 with a long respite between the crossings.
- On 10 September 2019, she completed a 25-mile (40.2 km) crossing of Lake Memphremagog called In Search of Memphre in 14 hours 1 minute at the age of 44.
- She is competing in the 2021 127.8 km Conquering the Beast circumnavigation swim in Flathead Lake, Montana.
Intrepid Water Adventure Swimming
2020 WOWSA Awards
Marathon Swim Stories by Shannon House Keegan was nominated for the 2020 WOWSA Awards in the World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year category with the following nomination: When COVID-19 hit and pools and shorelines closed as a result, open water swimming coach and mentor Shannon House Keegan took to the Internet. Keegan found a niche and touched many hearts with her new Marathon Swim Stories program. Marathon Swim Stories is a weekly podcast that captures the lives, lifestyles, challenges, training habits, and accomplishments of marathon swimmers and ice swimmers around the world. For establishing a friendly, educational and inspirational corner of the Internet entirely and specifically dedicated to open water swimming in various forms, for serving as an motivational ambassador and experienced coach for a growing number of people from all walks of life, and for providing thousands of enjoyable downloads for open water swimmers to listen, Marathon Swim Stories is a worthy nominee for the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
Marathon Swim Stories
Marathon Swim Stories is a podcast centered around the lives, lifestyles and accomplishments of myriad marathon swimmers and ice swimmers around the world hosted by marathon swimming coach Shannon Keegan. It is part of Intrepid Water Adventure Swimming. House has interviewed Daniela Klaz, Louise Darlington, Kate Howell, Christopher Graefe, Mark Spratt, Molly Nance, Suzie Dods, Elaine Howley, Janine Serell, Cindy Werhane, Kellie Latimer, Kris Rutford, Colleen Blair, Elizabeth Almond, John Gale, Martha Wood, Jaimie Monahan, Graeme Schlachter, Lynne Cox, Sarah Thomas, Courtney Paulk, Michelle Macy, Charlotte Brynn, Kristin Valentine, Morag Hughes, Evan Morrison, Paula Yankauskas, Caroline Block, Matthias Kassner, Blaik Ogle, Jessi Harewicz, John Batchelder, Shannon Keegan, Liz Fry, Vera Rivard, Dan Simonelli, Jia Jung, Naji Ali, Maureen McCoy, Darren Miller, Sandra Frimerman-Bergquist, Mark Sheridan, Marcia Cleveland, Melinda Menzer, Jennifer Dutton, Quing Li, Anthony McCarley, Sylvia Lacock, Catherine Breed, Bridget Simpson Lyn Goldsmith, Craig Lewin, Bill Shipp, Sarah Eismann, John Kenny, Marlys Cappaert, Tracy Knight, Katie Blair, Cliff Golding, Diane McManus, Robin Rose, Sally Minty-Gravett, Lori King, and Sue Phillips among others.
- Shannon Keegan Talks With SCAR Swimmers
- Jennifer Dutton Becomes a Swimming Legend of Lake Geneva
- History of The Great Race at Kingdom Swim
- Swim Tech Camp
- Shannon Keegan, Charlotte Brynn To Lead Swim Tech Camp In Lake Memphremagog
- Greg O'Connor Goes Four For Four Across Lake Willoughby
- 36 Years In The Making: Marty McMahon Achieves The Triple Crown
- Courtney Moates Paulk Achieves History's First Double Triple Crown
- Get Ready, Get Started, Get Motivated With Intrepid Water Accountability Group
- Morag Hughes Marathon Swim Story
- Summer Swimming In Lake Memphremagog
- Flathead Lake Open Water Virtual Triple Crown
- Shannon House Keegan Talks Marathon Swimming Stories
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Shannon House Keegan Shares Marathon Swims Stories
- Intrepid Water Adventure Swimming
- Marathon Swim Stories
- Shannon House Keegan Asks About Marathon Swimming
- Steve Hodgins, Abigail Onos Win Willoughby
- Ned Denison Honored In Vermont
- The White Knight Honored In Vermont
- The Search Continues And Grows
- Ain't No Sharks In North Dakota, Just A Mighty Red River
- Where Women Dominate
- Mo Goes For Mo'
- Dan Projansky, 56 Going On 36
- END-WET Begins And Ends Today
- END-WET: Epic, Iconic And Surreally Long
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Kingdom Games
- Results And Report Of The 2014 END-WET