Shaun Hales, born 1985, is a winter swimmer from Great Britain.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He finished 39th in the 1 km race on 1 January 2017 in the Ice Swimming Aqua Sphere World Championships in Burghausen, Germany.
- He competed in the 2016 Winter World Swimming Championships in Tyumen, Russia.
- He participated in the Catalunya Championship of Winter Swimming Open (Campeonato de Catalunya de Natación de Invierno Open) in Puigcerdà, Spain as part of the Pyrenees Ice Swimming Festival on 18-19 March 2017.
Swimming with Shivers
Hales wrote a story for Swimming With Shivers, a book co-authored by Claire Bunker-Fellingham and Gary Standen about true stories from, by and about open water swimmers doing cold water swimming, winter swimming, and ice swimming. The stories in Swimming with Shivers are from, by and about Carl Atkinson, Deborah Banks, Ram Barkai, Jo Barkwith, Andy Bennett, Katie Blair, Sylvia Bland, Gideon Bright, Claire Bunker-Fellingham, Judith Charman, Sze-Ming Cheung, Chillswim, Tracy Clark, David Coleman, Phil Coombe, Talbott Crowell, Ned Denison, Nick Dorey, Dryrobe, Ros Edmonds, Rory Fitzgerald, Daniel Gilmore, Will Glendinning, Gone Swimming, Rebecca Goodson, Julie Gregory, Happy Cold Swimming, Louise Hazelton, Colin Hill, Elaine Howley, International Ice Swimming Association, Roni Jelgavas, Mark Johansen, Jody Jones, Ele Jump, Ger Kennedy, Ivan Lewis, Julie Lloyd, Jules McRobbie, Sally Minty-Gravett MBE, Jaimie Monahan, Steven Munatones, Diane Murphy Weaver, Jim Nyberg, Barry O'Connor, Outdoor Swimmer, Simon Parkin, Lisa Peake, Kevin Proctor, Jane Saycet, Val Smith, Fergal Somerville, Jodi Songhurst, Gary Standen, Lucy Stansfield, Kate Steels-Fryatt, Swimming With Smiles Book, Tidal Wave Fitness, Jonty Warneken, Karen Weir, Haydn Welch, Samantha Whelpton, Emily Whittaker, and Nicola Wood.
- Swimming With Shivers
- Swimming With Smiles
- Swimming with Smiles
- Special Offer
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- International Ice Swimming Association
- Swimming With Shivers And Smiles
- Puigcerdà, sede del 1er Campeonato de Catalunya de Natación de Invierno
- World Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Petar Stoychev, Victoria Mori Win 450m World Titles
- 2016 Winter Swimming World Championships - Live Cam
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming World Cup
- 200m Frozen Freestyle At Winter World Championships
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming World Cup Facebook page
- International Winter Swimming Association Winter Swimming Instagram page
- Campeonato De Catalunya De Natación De Invierno Open