Sylvia Lacock Marino is a 44-year-old American open water swimmer from Mill Valley, California, coached by Jordan Wood.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She is the 309th individual in history to complete a 20.2-mile crossing of the Catalina Channel. Marino swam from Catalina Island to the California mainland on 25 September 2014 in 16 hours 38 minutes.
- She was the first woman (skin) to attempt the Cold Half, a 14 km marathon swim in Hong Kong in 2015.
- Marino was part of a successful 5-woman English Channel relay making the crossing on 10 July 2011 in 15 hours 27 minutes.
- Marino has over 125 Alcatraz crossings.
- Marino is a member of the South End Rowing Club in San Francisco, California.
- Marino is a Lifetime Member of the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association.
- Marino competed in the 2013 Boston Light Swim.
- Marino completed a 2011 8.3-mile crossing of the Great Salt Lake.
- Marino completed numerous open water global leisure swims in Croatia, Greece, Sardinia and Turkey.
- Wearing A Blue Suit To The Office
- Blue Skins Swimming, Sylvia
- Be A Trooper, A Century Of Open Water Swimming History
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- If You Swim With Ease