adjective - Transoceanic means crossing an ocean.
Ben Lecomte and Ben Hooper are attempting transoceanic stage swims.
Transoceanic Swims in the Atlantic Ocean
Seven open water swimmers have attempted, planned or completed transoceanic assisted stage swims across the Atlantic Ocean in the 20th and 21st centuries:
- Guy Delage from the Cape Verde Islands off the western coast of Africa to Barbados in the Caribbean Sea
- Benoît Lecomte from Boston, Massachusetts, USA to France
- Jennifer Figge from Cape Verde off the coast of Africa to Trinidad in the Caribbean Sea and from Brava Island off the coast of Senegal to Antigua in the Caribbean Sea
- Guy Delage from Cape Verde Islands off the western coast of Africa to Barbados in the Caribbean Sea
- Ben Hooper attempted to swim from Dakar, Senegal to Natal, Northern Brazil in November-December 2016, but the swim was aborted.
- Dan Martin: planned, but remains underfunded and has not started as of May 2018
- Michael Ventre from New York to London, planned to start in April 2017, but remain underfunded and has not started as of May 2018.
Transoceanic Swim in the Pacific Ocean
- Ben Lecomte from Tokyo, Japan to San Francisco, California will attempt a transoceanic assisted stage swim, 5,419 miles (8,721 km) across the Pacific Ocean from Choshi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan to San Francisco, California, USA scheduled to begin late May 2018 and estimated to take 6-8 months to complete.
- Swimming From Tokyo To San Francisco Makes Sense
- The Longest Swim To Tackle Every Kilometer Of The Pacific
- It Is Not A Transponder, It Is A RadBand
- Is There A Doctor On Board?
- WOWSA...Swimmers To Be Celebrated At Big Chill Swim
- 2015 WOWSA Awards - Performance Of The Year Voting
- Kara Lavender Law & Ben Lecomte Studying The Pacific
- Swimming With A Snorkel...Assisted Or What?
- Myriad Details Of The Longest Swim
- Gotta Like It...The Longest Swim
- How Technology Changes Things In The Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- Hardy Team Behind Ben Hooper's Transatlantic Swim
- $220,000 Needed To Raise £5M From New York To London
- Michael Ventre Expresses His Sincere Appreciation
- Yoav Nevo Guiding The Longest Swim
- After 36 Days, Ben Lecomte Goes 26 Miles
- Ben Lecomte Swims, Still On A Roll
- Stroke After Stroke, Mile After Mile In The Pacific Ocean
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow