Unión Americana de Natación
noun - Unión Americana de Natación (UANA or the Amateur Swimming Union of the Americas or Swimming Union of the Americas) is the sports organization whose purpose is to organize, supervise and control amateur aquatics activities and events involving pool swimming, diving, water polo, synchronized swimming and open water swimming in the Americas (South America, Central America, Caribbean and North America).
UANA was founded by Mexicans Don Javier Ostos Mora and Don Antonio Mariscal Abascal and enjoys a mutually beneficial partnership with United States Aquatic Sports and the Aquatic Federation of Canada. Eldon Godfrey is currently the President of the Unión Americana de Natación.
UANA is affiliated with FINA and CCCAN.
Its President for the 2015-2019 term is Dale Neuburger of the USA.
Open Water Swimming Committee
Chairman: Jorge Delgado, Ecuador
Vice Chairman: Denny Ryther, USA
Secretary: Michael Lockwood, Cayman Islands
Member: David de Vlieger, Canada
Member: Marco Flores, Guatemala
Member: Tomas Haces, Cuba
Member: Andrew Kirby, Barbados
Member: Nicole Normandin, Canada
Member: Ricardo Olmos, Chile
Member: Nelson Osorio, Colombia
Member: Rick Walker, USA
Athlete: to be named
Liaison: Algernon Cargill, Bahamas
- Acronyms In The Open Water Swimming World
- UANA (Unión Americana de Natación) Open Water Officials Named
- UANA website in English
- UANA website in Spanish
- Central American and Caribbean Swimming Federation
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Pierre Lafontaine Heads Back To College
- Teodolo Tomás Haces Germán, Dedicated Official
- Cold May Lead To Plan B At 2015 Pan American Games
- Open Water Swimming Officials At Pan American Games
- Win US$5000 And More In The Flowers Sea Swim