World's Top 100 Open Water Swimming Relays
The World's Top 100 Open Water Swimming Relays are interesting, unique, beautiful and exciting relay swims in any open body of water. There are tens of thousands of open water swimming relays around the world.
World's Top 100 Open Water Swimming Relays
The World's Top 100 Open Water Swimming Relays include the following, listed by distance:
1. Neva Swimming Marathon, 77 km down the Neva River in St. Petersburg, Russia to the Gulf of Finland
2. Round Jersey, 66 km around the isle of Jersey, United Kingdom)
3. Catalina Island Circumnavigation 61.1 km around Santa Catalina Island in Southern California, U.S.A.
4. Farallon Islands, 48.2 km between the Golden Gate Bridge and the Farallon Islands in California, U.S.A.
5. 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim, 45.9 km around Manhattan Island in New York, U.S.A.
6. Issyk-Kul Race, 45 km across Issyk-Kul in the deep basin of the northeast Kyrgyzstan
7. Santa Barbara Channel, 44.2 km from Santa Rosa Island to Coal Oil Point in Goleta on the California mainland
8. Molokai Channel, 42 km between the islands of Molokai and Oahu in Hawaii, U.S.A.
9. Tampa Bay Marathon Swim, 38.6 km across Tampa Bay in Florida, U.S.A.
10. Baikal Race, 35 km across Lake Baikal in Russia
11. North Channel, 35 km between Northern Ireland and Scotland
12. English Channel, 33.8 km between England and France
13. Catalina Channel, 32.3 km between Santa Catalina Island and the California mainland, U.S.A.
14. Lake Balhash Race, 32.2 km across Lake Balkhash in eastern Kazakhstan
15. Santa Barbara Channel, 30.5 km from San Pedro Point to Silver Strand Beach in Oxnard or 37.8 km from Fry's Harbor to Leadbetter Point on the California mainland
16. Jersey France Relay, 28.9 km from the isle of Jersey to France
17. 13 Bridges, 27 km along the Neva River through St. Petersburg, Russia to the Gulf of Finland
18. International Self-Transcendence Marathon-Schwimmen, 26.4 km in Lake Zurich, Switzerland
19. St. Vincent’s Foundation Swim Across the Sound, 26 km in Connecticut, U.S.A.
20. Kotlin Race Swimming Marathon, 25 km across Neva Bay in the Baltic Sea in St. Petersburg, Russia
21. Beltquerung, 21 km from Denmark to Germany
22. FKCC Swim Around Key West, 20.1 km around Key West in Florida, U.S.A.
23. Swim Around Key West, 20.1 km around Key West in Florida, U.S.A.
24. Valaam Swimming Marathon, 20 km from the island of Putsaari to the island of Valaam in Ladoga Lake, Russia
25. Rottnest Channel Swim, 19.7 km in Australia
26. Santa Barbara Channel, 19.6 km between Anacapa Island and California mainland, U.S.A.
27. Tsugaru Channel, 19.5 km from the island of Honshu to the island of Hokkaido in northern Japan
28. Lake Travis Relay, 19.3 km in Lake Travis in Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
29. Fiji Swims, 18 km between Denarau, Beachcomber Island and Treasure Island in Fiji
30. Great Turtle Relay Swim around Mackinac Island, 17.7 km in Michigan, U.S.A.
31. Olympic Club Trans Tahoe Relay, 16.1 km in Lake Tahoe, California, U.S.A.
32. La Jolla Cove Swim Club 10-mile Relay, 16.1 km in La Jolla Cove, California, U.S.A.
33. Marathon de la Releve, 16 km in Canada
34. Maui Channel Swim, 15.4 km between the islands of Lanai and Maui in Hawaii, U.S.A.
35. Clean Half Extreme Marathon Swim, 15 km from Stanley Beach to Deepwater Bay in Hong Kong
36. Cold Half, 15 km from Stanley Beach to Deepwater Bay in Hong Kong
37. Fastnet Relay, 15 km in Baltimore, Ireland
38. Strait of Gibraltar, 14.4 km between Spain and Morocco
39. Thames Marathon, 14 km from Henley-on-Thames to Marlow, UK
40. Pennock Island Challenge, 13.2 km in Alaska, U.S.A.
41. Revéza 10, 13 km in Brazil
42. Frances Thornton Memorial Galway Bay Swim, 13 km in Ireland
43. Swim for Freedom, 12.8 km in Wisconsin, U.S.A.
44. Fiji Ocean Swim Festival, 10 km in Mamunuca Islands in Fiji
45. Sitka Sound Adventure Swim, 10 km in Alaska, U.S.A.
46. Magnetic Island to Townsville Open Water Swim, 8.5 km in Magnetic Island, Australia
47. Xiamen-Kinman Swimming, 8 km from Taiwan to China
48. Minnetonka Challenge, 8 km in Minnesota, U.S.A.
49. Napo’opo’o to Honaunau Swim, 7.2 km in Hawaii, U.S.A.
50. Kitsilano Challenge, 6 km in Kitsilano Beach, Vancouver, Canada
51. 4 Loops 4 Fun 6K Open Water Swim, 6 km in Colorado, U.S.A.
52. FINA World Swimming Championships Team Relay, 5 km 4-person team pursuit in various locations
53. Travesssia de Itapema 5000, 5 km in Brazil
54. Steelman Open Water Swim Relay, 4.8 km in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
55. Queenford Relays, 4×1 km in England
56. Espiritu Santo Aore Swim, 2.8 km in Vanuatu
57. Tumon Bay Ocean Swim, 2.4 km in Guam
58. Bonaire EcoSwim, 2 km in Bonaire, Netherland Antilles
59. Loch Ore Meadows Scottish Championships 2 km in Lochore Meadows, Scotland
60. Japan International Open Water Swimming Association, 1.6 km in 14 locations throughout Japan
61. Ploegen Tijdrace, 500m team pursuit in Netherlands
62. Sognefjord Relay Races, 0.2 km in Balestrand, Norway
63. World Winter Swimming Championships, 4x25m breaststroke relay in various locations
64. International Ice Swimming Association World Ice Swimming Championships, 4x25m breaststroke relay in various locations
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- World's Top 100 River Swims
- World's Top 100 Island Swims
- America's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Africa's Top 100 Open Water Swims
- Asia's Top 50 Open Water Swims
- Mexico's Top 50 Open Water Swims
- World's High-altitude Swims
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swimming Relays