Open Water Swimming Highlights
- Matsuzaki is the first Japanese to be inducted as an Honor Swimmer in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in its Class of 2011 when she gave a rousing acceptance speech at the United Nations in June 2011 at the Global Open Water Swimming Conference and International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremonies.
- She is a two-time member of the 24-hour club.
- She is a board director and representative of the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association, helping foreign channel swimmers attempt the Tsugaru Channel in Japan.
- She wrote a book called Marathon Swimming: My Fun Journey in Japanese.
- She completed two long unprecedented lake swims in Lake Cane, Florida with a 82 km marathon swim in 29 hours 55 minutes and her longest non-stop lake swim of 83 km completed in 33 hours 24 minutes in 13 September 2008 to join the 24-hour club.
- She completed an unprecedented 21 km marathon swim in 2014 (6 hours) and a 25 km marathon swim in 2015 (7 hours 28 minutes) between North Caicos to Grace Bay, Providenciales in Turks & Caicos called Swim Marathon Turks & Caicos.
Professional Marathon Swimming Career
- in Serbia (the 19 km Jarak-Šabac Marathon Swim)
- in Greece (the 15 km International Swimming Marathon of Toroneos Gulf and 16 km Trichonida Marathon in 6:29 and the 30 km Open Water Swimming Marathon Kalamata – Koroni in 8:47 and 10:47)
- in Italy (the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli)
- in Argentina (the 22 km and 57 km Maratón Internacional Ciudad de Rosario 9 times, 88K Hernandarias-Parana Marathon in 10:27, 10:08, 10:20, 10:47 and 11:04, the 57 km Maratón Acuático Rio Coronda in 9:48 and 9:37, the 25 km Mar del Plata)
- in the USA (the 35 km Around Atlantic City Marathon Swim in 8:46, 10:17, 9:08, 9:14, 12:10, 9:26 and 9:13, the 25K Swim Across The Sound in 7:37, 7:30, 8:33, 8:46 and 8:06)
- in Bermuda (the 10 km Round the Sound)
- in Canada (a double crossing of Lac Memphrémagog and the 40 km Traversée Internationale du lac Memphrémagog in 11:24, 13:09, 11:01 and 11:48, and 40 km Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean)
- in Italy (the 27 km Teracina Marathon in 9:30, the 35 km Riviera Marathon in10:03 and the Capri-Napoli Marathon in 8:46, 9:42, 9:57 and 11:30, and the 20 km Trasimeno Marathon in 4:57)
- in Brazil (the 27 km Tapes Marathon in 7:40 and 9:01 and 8:30)
- in France (the 25 km Lac Du Bourget)
- and several 12- and 24-hour non-stop swims on behalf of the YMCA Youth Scholarship Fund
- 21 km unprecedented crossing of Grace Bay in Turks & Caicos in 2014
- 25 km 7 hour 28 minute unprecedented crossing of Grace Bay in Turks & Caicos in 2015
- On 5 July 1992, she finished 38th in the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli in 8 hours 46 minute 17 seconds.
- On 5-6 October 2019, she set a Guinness World Record for the Longest continuous swim in a counter-current pool conducted in an Endless Pool in Seaside Lagoon, Redondo Beach, California after swimming 24 hours 1 minute from 8:00 am on 5 October to 8:01 am on 6 October 2019. Her support team included Chris Morgan, Chieko Smith, Shelley Taylor-Smith, Steven Munatones, Josef Köberl, Mark Lutz and Steve Stumpfrock.
Guinness World Record
She wrote a book called Marathon Swimming, My Fun Journey. She writes SWIM Magazine and JOYO newspaper every month.
Matsuzaki graduated from the Tokyo Women's college of Physical Education with a B.A.in Physical Education from the Institute of Sports Science at The University of Tsukuba. She completed a study on fin swimming and presented her research at The Annals of Physiological Anthropology/Tsukuba University, Graduate school of Physical Education. She completed a study on the Methodology of Physical Education entitled Energy efficiency of the Mono-Fin that was presented at the 37th Japanese Society of Physical Education.
First Professional Marathon Swim
Swim Marathon Turks & Caicos
World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
- Swim Like A Three-Legged Dog Runs - With Pure, Deep-seated Joy
- Women In Their 30's: Greatness Defined
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Starts Swimming For 36 Hours
- Records Are Made To Be Broken
- The Improbable, Incredible, Inspirational Life of Maarten van der Weijden
- Turks & Caicos “Race for the Conch” Eco-SeaSwim Returns
- International Day of Older Persons and the Aging Demographics of Open Water Swimmers
- 16 Hours And More In An Endless Pool, Dave Tonge To Attempt A Record
- Mayra Santos Sets Longest Continuous Swim In A Counter Current Pool Record
- Vermont Open Water Swimming Hall of Fame on WOWSA Live
- Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli – My First Pro Marathon Swim
- Pablo Fernández Swims At All-Day Pace In Place For COVID-19
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez Swimming For COVID-19 Research
- Pablo Fernández Álvarez On Giving 100% When Not 100% On WOWSA Live
- Dennis Holm Set Swim Spa World Record
- How Yuko Broke The Record
- A Childhood Dream Realized
- 15 Swimmers recognized at WOWSA awards in Los Angeles
- Yuko Matsuzaki To Attempt World Record At WOWSA Ocean Fest
- Hands Down, It Was A Long Swim By Yuko Matsuzaki
- The World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website
- Yuko Matsuzaki Website
- Open Water Swimming
- Matsuzaki Makes Them Laugh And Cry
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- The Japanese Leg Of Oceans Seven
- Capri-Napoli, My First Marathon Swim Adventure
- 83K Charity Swim
- World Record 100K Relay Swim
- Get A Grip In The Open Water
- 50 Is New 30, 60 Is The New 40 In The Open Water
- Why Are Two Boats Used To Cross The Tsugaru Channel?
- When Lightning Strikes
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Masayuki Moriya Navigating The Pacific With Ocean-navi
- 24-hour Club...Swimming All Day And Night
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming blog in Japanese
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Facebook page
- Swimming With The Flying Dragon
- Swimming With The Flying Dragon (Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association)
- Safeguarding Swims With The Japan Coast Guard
- Jamie Patrick To Join Legions Of Lake Swimmers
- The Floating Tribe Around The Globle
- When Women Move Men And Mindsets
- Marathon Swimming: Yuko's Fun Journey Continues
- It Only Hurts After
- Yuko Matsuzaki Is Big In Turks & Caicos
- Pioneer Swim May Lead to Future Attempts
- Meeting People And Doing Swims
- [World Open Water Swimming Association
- Whose Record Will Chloë McCardel Break?
- It Was Like Yesterday
- Entering The Golden Age Of Swimming
- Yuko Matsuzaki And Rowdy Gaines Race For The Conch
- She's Back. Yuko Matsuzaki Returns To Turks & Caicos
- How Rowdy, Yuko Matsuzaki Crosses Grace Bay
- The Hands Of Time
- Respecting Those Who Venture Past The Shoreline
- Full Of Guts, Full Of Courage, Short Of Goal
- Shark Encounters In Channels Around The World
- 1990 Capri-Napoli, A Marathon Race Like No Other
- Swimmers Helping Non-swimmers
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- 24-hour Club...Swimming All Day And Night
- Swimming For More Than 24 Hours
- Getting Lucky In Lake Cane
- Will You Still Be Swimming In The Year 2050?
- 2018 UANA Pan American Masters Championships
- What Should A Museum Of Open Water Swimming Offer?
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio