Alone on a Wide Wide Sea: An Account of Six Ocean Swims
Alone on a Wide Wide Sea: An Account of Six Ocean Swims is a book written by Robert McCormack. The book is about McCormack's account of six of his most dramatic ocean swims: Brooklyn Bridge, Alcatraz Island, Around Governors Island in New York, the Boston Light Swim, the Little Red Lighthouse Swim starting at the George Washington Bridge in New York City, and a swim across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco Bay, California.
Alone on a Wide Wide Sea is a 36-page paperback book published on 23 September 2010 with the CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Robert McCormack is an American open water swimmer and well-published author who wrote four books on marathon swimming. He was born in Brooklyn, New York on 11 November 1937, but moved to Dorchester, Massachusetts in 1945 and learned to swim at Tenean Beach.
- He participated in ocean swimming competitions from age 26 to age 41, then retired to support his wife and three daughters.
- He resumed his ocean swimming career in 2002 at the age of 64 and has participated in over 40 ocean swims from that date to the present.
- He wrote The Jim Doty Story: Accounts of Some of the Marathon Swims of a Great Boston Swimmer is a book about James Doty, published in 2010.
- He wrote Swimming the Light: A Brief History of the Boston Light Swim 1907-1941, published in 2014.
- He wrote Swimming the Light: A Brief History of the Boston Light Swim 1976-2014 (Volume 2), published in 2015.
- He wrote Alone on a Wide Wide Sea: An Account of Six Ocean Swims, published in 2010.
- Bob McCormack Shares The Jim Doty Story On WOWSA Live
- Bob McCormack: Author, Historian, Ocean Swimmer
- Alone on a Wide Wide Sea on Amazon
- Reading, Not Racing. A Library Of Open Water Swimming Books
- Books by Robert L. McCormack
- Swimming the Light: A Brief History of the Boston Light Swim 1976-2014 (Volume 2) Paperback – February 15, 2015
- Swimming the Light: A Brief History of the Boston Light Swim 1907-1941 Paperback – April 13, 2014
- Swimming The Light History From 1907 To 2014
- Books by Robert McCormack
- New England Marathon Swimming Association
- International Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association