Apostolis Tsagarakis is a 2-time Olympic swimmer from Greece who created the Masters Dream Camp with Andrea Di Nino as well as three different Lake and Open Water Swimming Trips in Epidavros and Loutraki, Greece.
He serves as the technical director of the International Swimming League. He has 10 years of experience in organizing sport events [through strategic planning and execution] with his expertise in aquatics, where he has worked with different levels of athletes, varying from Olympic Champions to National athletes; and various types of events, from elite to mass participation events.
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, U.S.A. where he studied Health Care Management (3.743 GPA) and received Academic Honors/Awards, 2007 Academic All-America Men’s At Large Team. He was also a 2005 Individual Academic All-American Award by CSCAA with a GPA of 3.808 and was on the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll, 2003-2007.
- 2007 Dept. of Healthcare Management Recognition of Excellence in Scholarship.
- 2005 Marshall Shoemaker Award for Most Dedicated Student-Athlete of the Year
- 2006-2007 Team Captain and 2006 Coaches Award
- University of Alabama President’s List, Fall 2002 and Fall 2005 and University of Alabama Dean’s List during his entire career
He was awarded a four year athletic scholarship, 2002-2007 and was a member of the Men’s Swimming and Diving Team at the University of Alabama. He participated on the team in 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007 and was a member of the NCAA Team in 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007. He was an All-American in 2003, 2006 and 2007 where he finalled at the NCAA Championships in 2003, 2006, 2007 and was an Honorable Mention All-American in 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007
- Participated in 2 Olympic Games: 2004 & 2008
- Participated in 5 World Championships: 2002 (25m), 2003 (50m), 2004 (25m), 2007 (50m), 2009 (50m)
- Participated in 3 European Championships: 2002 (50m), 2002 (25m), 2008 (25m)
- Participated in 3 Mediterranean Games: 2001, 2005, 2009
- 8th in 50m butterfly at the 2002 World Short Course Championships (Moscow, Russia)
- 4th in 50m butterfly at the 2002 European Short Course Championships (Riesa, Germany)
- Medaled in 4*100 freestyle at the Mediterranean Games of 2005 (Almeria, Spain) & the Mediterranean Games of 2009 (Pescara, Italy)
- 20 National records in 50m freestyle, 50m butterfly, 100m freestyle and 100m butterfly (25m & 50m pools)
- 13-time Individual National Champion
- 4-time Club National Champion
Master Dream Camp Dates
The 3-night, 4-day camps begin on 13 August, 20 August and 27 August.
Lake Swim, 2.2 km course in Vouliagmeni Lake, a region of rare natural beauty.
Gulf Swim, a 2.2 km course in the middle of the blue of the Saronic Gulf.
Open Water Swim, a 2.2 km course to the Ireon Ruins, the Lake has a canal that leads into the Corinthian Gulf where swimmers swim along the coastline, towards the ruins of Heraʼs Temple.
==International Swimming League
The International Swimming League (ISL) is a professional pool swimming league for elite swimmers founded by Konstantin Grigorishin. The ISL hosts a series of U.S. and European-based competitions that will culminate in a 2019 global championship at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
ISL Competition Characteristics
- A team-based competition format where swimmers compete for team points
- Financial incentives where each athlete signs two contracts: one with their team and another with the ISL that enables them two sources of revenue: one that runs through their teams and a separate one that comes directly from the league
- Gender equality is guaranteed where 12 men and 12 women will represent each team
- World’s best athletes will participate in the ISL including 75% of swimming's current Olympic champions and world record holders
- Regular seasons with swim meets held around the global from October to December. In 2020, the season will be expanded.
- Zero tolerance of doping is the rule as no athlete with a previous doping violation is allowed to compete and there is zero tolerance policy if doping is discovered
Konstantin Grigorishin on the ISL
- International Swimming League
- International Swimming League Facebook page
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Unpredictability Drives Fan Interest
- Tina & Michael Andrew Involved In International Swimming League
- Masters Swim Camp website
- Lake and Open Water Swimming Trips description
- Masters Dream Camp in Ancient Greece
- Open Water Swimming website