Charles River One Mile Swim
The one-mile Charles River Swim is held in the Charles River that flows through Boston in the state of Massachusetts. The in-the-water start is at River Dock, near Arthur Fiedler head statue by the Hatch Shell on Esplanade. It is a one-mile loop course between Harvard and Longfellow Bridge. The annual event in June is limited to 150 swimmers and is organized by the Charles River Swimming Club with Ulla Hester as its race director.
It is one of America's Top 100 Open Water Swims and one of the World's Top 100 River Swims in 2019.
1 mile (1.62 km)
City River Dock, Charles River, Boston
Name Kate Radville, race director, Charles River Swimming Club, Inc.
Website Official Website
Event Date 1 June 2013
- Charles River Swimming Club
- Nor'easter Taking Storm
- Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Swimming Before The Crack Of Dawn
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Will Boston Follow Beijing, London, Rio And Tokyo?
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swimming
- Boston Throws Swim Cap Into 2014 Olympic Ring
- Women Stoked In The Charles River
- Charles River Swim